Huawei Y6 II CAM-L32 , CAM-AL00 (Honor 5A) Root and TWRP
Huawei Y6 II CAM-L32 was released in europe and it have different hardware than other models (L21,L01,L03). This phone is running qualcomm snapdragon chipset, while other variants have Kirin chipset. Chinese variant CAM-AL00 is also running same chipset. In this post i will guide you how to root these phones.
- Backup all important data (it will be removed).
- Unlock bootloader of your phone (Bootloader unlocking guide)
- Now download TWRP recovery from THIS LINK
- Enable USB debugging, and OEM unlock in developer options.
- Connect phone with pc in fastboot mode (Switch off, then press volume down and connect USB)
- Extract downloaded zip file
- Run MAF32.exe, and type ” fastboot flash recovery recovery_twrp.img ” (without comma) and press enter.
- If installation was successful , it will show Finished OK.
- disconnect phone from PC, and and press power button to switch off, as soon screen turns black, quickly press and hold volume up along with power button to enter stock recovery. if you fail to do so, twrp recovery will be removed if phone restart normally.
- Once you enter in recovery, langugae will be chinese, just swipe the blue bar to allow modification.
- Then tap on 3rd button in right column and then tap on Globe icon to change language to English. you can watch the following video for more guidance.
- once language changed, go to main screen, tap on wipe, then press format data button, type yes, and swipe to allow format.
- then go back to main screen, press Reboot and select recovery.
- After reboot phone will automatically enter TWRP.
- Then press advanced button, and select root, swipe to install root.
- you are done. restart phone normally.