Huawei Mate 9 EMUI9.1 TWRP and Root (MHA-L29/L09/AL00)
Huawei Mate 9 is one of the fast selling flagship phones by Huawei. Huawei consistently provided updates for this phone and now it’s running EMUI9.1 for most of the regions. In this tutorial, we will show you how you can root this phone while running EMUI9.1 firmware. This guide should work on all variants MHA-L29, MHA-L09, and MHA-AL00. We will be using the Magisk systemless rooting method for this which is the only rooting method available for android 9 devices. You will learn how to root without keeping TWRP and how to keep TWRP after root.
After root charging does not work on the powered-off phone. Once you connect the charger it will switch on automatically. Everything you do at your own risk, I am not responsible for any bricked devices.
Huawei Mate 9 Root Tutorial (Magisk V23)
- Backup all important data from the phone
- Enable OEM unlock in developer options
- Unlock the bootloader of your phone (Buy bootloader code)
- Download root files from THIS LINK (password: ministryofsolutions.com)
- Extract downloaded files
- Copy magisk 23.apk file to your phone and install it
- Copy M9TWRP3.2.1-0.img to your sd card
- Connect phone in fastboot mode and open MAF32.exe file
- Type ” fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk M9TWRP3.2.1-0.img ” and press enter
- After successful flashing disconnect the phone from the computer
- Hold volume up and power
- Keep holding until you see the message (the device has been unlocked), then leave buttons phone will enter TWRP mode.
- Swipe to allow modifications.
- Then tap on install> select storage>sd card> install image and tap on ” M9TWRP3.2.1-0.img ” and select partition “erecovery_ramdisk“
- Swipe to confirm flash, Now your phone will have TWRP in erecovery section.
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP, tap on reboot and choose bootloader
- The phone should enter fastboot mode now
- Now type this command ” fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk magisk_patched-23.img ” (without “) and press enter
- Once flashing is completed, disconnect the phone from the PC.
- Now hold volume up and power buttons simultaneously, keep holding until see the message (device has been unlocked) then leave buttons.
- Open magisk manager, if it says, magisk V23 is installed then root has been successful.
- To pass the safetynet go to magisk settings>enable magiskhide> tap twice on systemless hosts
- Install these modules 1st one is (Magisk Hide Props Config) don’t reboot and then install (Riru) and after this reboot phone.
- Then download Safteynet fix V2.1.1 from THIS LINK and reboot phone.
- Go to magisk hide settings and tick google play services
- All done, check safetynet in magisk and it will pass
- Don’t update/factory reset phone after root
- If you want to access TWRP, simply power off your phone, then hold volume up and connect with pc/charger.
Note: If you are not able to do it yourself, you can use our paid service to get your phone rooted
- Whatsapp: +1-401-2092237 / https://wa.me/14012092237
- Viber: +92300-3685406
- Telegram: ministryofsolutions
- Line: ministryofsolutions
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ministryofsolutionsofficial/
This video is for P20 Lite but you can use the same method for Mate 9, but use files for Mate 9.
Video Guide (Suitable for Mate9 also)