Huawei P20 Lite Android 10 Custom ROM Havoc OS (ANE-LX1/LX2/LX3/AL00/TL00)
As we know Huawei P20 Lite is an older model and will not get new updates after EMUI9.1 which is based on Android 9. In this post, we will guide you on how you can install Android 10-based GSI ROM on your phone and can enjoy features that are not available in EMUI9.1. We will be using HAVOC OS GSI ROM which is a part of the Treble project. By installing this ROM you will lose the warranty of your phone. This ROM works on all models of P20 lite running EMUI9. Nova 3e is also supported.
Huawei P20 Lite GSI ROM Screens:
- Highly recommend you watch the complete video tutorial before proceeding (at the end of the page)
- Everything you do with your phone is your own responsibility, we are not responsible for your mistakes
- Basic functions call/camera/messages etc tested by us, but if there is any bug we can not resolve.
- By unlocking the bootloader you will lose the warranty
- Charging doesn’t work while the phone is off
ROM Installation Guide:
- Back up all important data from your phone, you cannot restore data using Hisuite, so use a different method.
- Unlock the bootloader of your phone (Details Here)
- Download ROM from THIS LINK (Click Here)
- Make sure you download ” Havoc-OS-v3.12-20201230-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img ” (If you don’t want google apps you can download a version without gapps)
- Extract the file using WinRAR and you will get an IMG file of ROM
- Copy “Havoc-OS-v3.12-20201230-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img” to sd card of your phone.
- Download installation tools from this link
- Extract the tools zip and copy the NFC_Hotspot-Universal.zip file in the sd card.
- Then power off the phone and disconnect from pc, then hold the volume down and insert the cable
- The phone will enter fastboot mode
- open cmd-here.exe and flash TWRP (command example=fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.6.0_9-0-anne.img)
- Disconnect phone from pc and hold volume up and power, Keep holding until TWRP recovery mode appears
- Swipe to allow modifications
- Now tap on wipe >advanced wipe then tick only system partition and swipe to wipe
- Then go back to the main menu of TWRP
- Tap on install > Tap on install image > Tap on Select Storage > choose SD CARD and select Havoc OS ROM file
- Select system_image partition to install and swipe to flash
- Once flashing is complete, Don’t reboot
- Then go back to the main menu of TWRP and tap on Install > Install Zip>Select Storage>sd card> tap on NFC_Hotspot-Universal.zip and swipe to flash
- Don’t reboot yet, Go back to the main menu of TWRP and tap on reboot, and select Bootloader
- The phone should enter fastboot mode, type the command ” fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img ” and press enter
- Now disconnect the phone from pc and then hold the volume+ and power buttons, keep holding until Recovery mode appears.
- Now wipe data/factory reset. and then reboot the phone, 1st boot may take a few minutes
Root and Safetynet Fix:
- Install Magisk V23.apk on your phone
- Connect phone in fastboot mode
- flash patched ramdisk ” fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk magisk_patched-23.img “
- disconnect phone from pc, and hold volume + and power buttons for 30 seconds and then leave buttons
- The phone will start, open Magisk manager,if it ask for additional setup , press ok and hold volume+ button , keep holding until phone reboot again
- Now open magisk manager again, go to settings > enable magisk hide> tap on systemless hosts
- Go back to main screen of magisk
- Now go to modules tab in magisk and search ” Mgaiskhide props config ” install it and do not reboot
- Now search “Riru” and install it then press reboot
- after reboot download safetynet fix V2.1.3 (Riru) from this link, copy it to phone or direct download on phone
- Install this module by tapping on select from storage > and go to directory where safetynet fix zip is saved, and flash it, then press reboot.
- Open magisk manager go to magisk hide settings and Tick in Google play services
- Install terminal emulator from playstore
- Open terminal emulator, and enter command “props” press enter
- Grant root access quickly
- then type 1 and press enter
- then type f and press enter
- then type 9 and press enter
- then type 19 and press enter
- then type Y and press enter
- again type Y and press enter, phone will reboot
- Open magisk manager and check safetyNet , it will pass 100%
- Always start your phone holding the Recovery mode keys combination (volume up and power) or use the advanced reboot menu from settings to enable the reboot recovery option.