Huawei Mate 9 Android 11 Lineage 18.1 GSI ROM (MHA-L29/L09/AL00)
Huawei Mate 9 is an older device and so far it has been stuck with Android 9. Since the release of EMUI 9.1 Huawei has changed its bootloader unlock policy and stopped users from modifying the devices. But now we have a service to unlock the bootloader. We have managed to install Lineage 18.1 based on Android 11. And in this post, we will show you how you can install it on your phone. This ROM is compatible with all variants of Mate 9 running EMUI9.1.
Huawei Mate 9 Lineage Screenshots:
- Everything you do with your phone is your own responsibility, we are not responsible for your mistakes
- Basic functions call/camera/messages, etc. Tested by us, but if there is any bug we cannot resolve it.
- By unlocking the bootloader you will lose the warranty.
Huawei Mate 9 Lineage Installation Guide:
- This guide is only for Devices running EMUI9.1/EMUI9.0
- You must have a micro-sd card with 5Gb free storage.
- Backup all important data on your phone (hisuite doesn’t work with custom ROM), use another method
- If you don’t have a bootloader unlock code, then buy the code 1st (click here)
- Download ROM from this link: Click Here (Make sure you download the 18.1 ARM64 bvS version)
- Download other required Files from THIS LINK
- Extract the zip file (password=ministryofsolutions.com)
- Also, extract the rom file and copy it to the same folder where you have extracted the ROM installation files
- Copy Gapps zip and lineage rom img file to the micro-sd card
- Connect the phone in fastboot mode, then open MAF32.exe and flash TWRP (command example=fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk M9TWRP3.2.1-0.img)
- Disconnect the phone from the PC and hold the volume up and power buttons, Keep holding until TWRP recovery appears.
- Swipe to allow modifications
- Now tap on, wipe >advanced wipe then tick only system partition and swipe to wipe
- Then go back to the main menu of TWRP
- Tap on install > Tap on install image > Tap on Select Storage > choose external storage
- Now tap on the Lineage image file and then select the system image partition to install
- Swipe to install, and wait for the installation to complete.
- If you don’t want to install GAPPS, you can reboot the phone if you want to install GAPPS please continue
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP
- Tap on wipe>advanced wipe>select system partition >tap on Repair or change file system > Resize File System and swipe to resize, if any error appears, repeat resize operation.
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP and now flash GAPPS zip
- Then go back to the main menu of TWRP and tap on reboot > Bootloader
- The phone will enter fastboot mode again and you should flash stock recovery with the flash command ( fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk RECOVERY_RAMDISk.img ) and press enter
- Once stock recovery flashed, disconnect the phone from the PC and hold the volume up + power button, keep holding until stock recovery appears.
- Wipe data factory reset and then reboot
- The lineage will boot (1st boot may take some time)
Note: Those who want to root the lineage, only install the superuser app from Fdroid. and if you need magisk, it may not work, but you can try the magisk version from THIS LINK.