Huawei Y6 Prime 2018 TWRP and Root ATU-L21,L22,L41,L31,L42)
Huawei Y6 Prime 2018 TWRP and root are now available on the Ministry Of Solutions. This root method has been tested on ATU-L21 and should work with all other variants. Bootloader unlock is required to root your phone. You must perform a complete backup of all your important data on your phone. During the bootloader unlock process your phone will be wiped completely. We will be using the Magisk systemless rooting method which allows you to hide root from banking apps with unrestricted access to your device.
Disclaimer: Files and methods have been tested before sharing. You do everything at your own risk.
- Backup all important data from the phone
- Enable the oem unlock in developer options
- Unlock the bootloader of your phone (Buy bootloader code)
- Download root files from THIS LINK (password=ministryofsolutions.com)
- Extract downloaded files
- Copy the Magisk zip file to your sd card
- Connect the phone in fastboot mode and open the MAF32.exe file
- Type ” fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk TWRPATU.img ” and press enter
- After successful flashing disconnect the phone from the computer
- Hold the volume up and power
- keep holding even after the reboot, when you see the Huawei logo leave the power button, but keep holding the volume up button, The phone will enter TWRP mode
- Swipe to allow modifications
- Then tap on Install and then tap on Select Storage and choose SD card
- Find magisk zip and tap it, then swipe to flash
- After that press reboot system, if asks to install anything press do not install.
- Profit, Your phone has been rooted
- Don’t update/reset the phone after the root
TWRP credit: xBrownieCodez
Background source: Wenniel Lun