Huawei P9 Lite Nougat Root (Guide with photos)
All Huawei P9 Lite users who have previously upgraded to nougat can now root their phone by following the guide given below.
- This method is 100% tested by me
- I don’t take any responsibility if anything goes wrong with your phone
- Originally this guide has been shared on XDA .(Hats off to developer) i have only explained each step to make it easier for non tech users.
Instructions (Revised 22-06-2017)
- This guide only tested on VNS-L31,VNS-L21 running B360
- Unlock bootloader of your phone (How to unlock bootloader?)
- During bootloader unlock, you will prompted to select yes on phone screen, use volume keys to move and power key to select to enter.
- Once you have unlocked bootloader, phone will perform a factory reset after that make sure you have enabled oem unlock in developer options.
- Download Root file for B380,B385,B389 and higher versions (From THIS LINK) if doesn’t work then use ( This File)
- Download Root file for B370, B360, B320 and lower versions (From THIS LINK)
- Copy downloaded file to sd card
- Download TWRP Recovery
- Connect your phone in fastboot mode (switch off and hold volume down and connect with pc)
- Your phone screen will look like this
- If you have already downloaded & installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot , go to C:/Program Files (x86)/Minimal ADB and Fastboot.and copy TWRP recovery in this folder.
- Then open “MAF32.exe” by double clicking and type this command ” fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-venus.img ” and press enter, as shown in image below.
- Once recovery flashed , enter twrp recovery by holding (volume up + power).
- On 1st screen swipe to enter TWRP mode. and tap on install.
- Then select the Root zip file that you have copied in you sd card earlier and install it. On successful installation you will be presented with following screen.
- Just press on reboot system button, on next screen it will ask you install something, you should press blue button (Do not install)
- Done (Your phone has been successfully rooted)