Huawei P8 Lite ALE-L21 BalongC52B311 Solution and upgrade to marshmallow
as i am not huawei P8 user, but one my reader contacted me and told about balong bug which appeared in P8 lite, this bug makes your OS unstable and unrecognized by google & play store services. it doesn’t accept sim cards from all network operators and sometimes it crashes your themes, and several other issues reported.
usually it happens when a user try to flash wrong firmware or a firmware from another region, or try to convert it from single sim to dual sim or vice versa.
Solution (Applies to ALE-L21 & ALE-L02)
- Boot loader unlock code (How to get unlock code)
- Take complete backup of your phone data
- unroot it if you have rooted (in superSU there is full unroot option)
- Stock Recovery( if you have installed twrp revert back to stock recovery)
- Enable USB debugging
- Battery charged 100%
During this process we have to downgrade your phone back to lollipop, but that can not be done by simply flashing the old firmware, you have to flash each image file manually. once you are ready to proceed , follow this step by step guide.
- Dwonload Minimal ADB and Fastboot , after installation, launch it by double clicking “MAF32.exe” inside C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Connect your phone with PC & type “adb devices” your phone will ask for permission, check always allow from this pc & grant permission.
- Then type following command
adb reboot bootloader
Let the window install drivers, then type
fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(xxxxxx is your unlock code) and your phone will be unlocked
1. Download ALE-L21C432B052 EUChannel Android 5.0 EMUI 3.1 Firmware, Extract “update.app” from the downloaded firmware file and open it with huawei update extractor, as shown in image below.
2. Download Huawei update extractor, install & open it then brows for “update.app” in it as shown in image below.
13. Now OTA updates will start to appear on your phone, you should install all of them, sequence will be like, B188, then B194 etc.