Huawei P8 Lite ALE-L21 BalongC52B311 Solution and upgrade to marshmallow
as i am not huawei P8 user, but one my reader contacted me and told about balong bug which appeared in P8 lite, this bug makes your OS unstable and unrecognized by google & play store services. it doesn’t accept sim cards from all network operators and sometimes it crashes your themes, and several other issues reported.
usually it happens when a user try to flash wrong firmware or a firmware from another region, or try to convert it from single sim to dual sim or vice versa.
Solution (Applies to ALE-L21 & ALE-L02)
Before i continue with instruction you should take care of following things
- Boot loader unlock code (How to get unlock code)
- Take complete backup of your phone data
- unroot it if you have rooted (in superSU there is full unroot option)
- Stock Recovery( if you have installed twrp revert back to stock recovery)
- Enable USB debugging
- Battery charged 100%
During this process we have to downgrade your phone back to lollipop, but that can not be done by simply flashing the old firmware, you have to flash each image file manually. once you are ready to proceed , follow this step by step guide.
- Dwonload Minimal ADB and Fastboot , after installation, launch it by double clicking “MAF32.exe” inside C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Connect your phone with PC & type “adb devices” your phone will ask for permission, check always allow from this pc & grant permission.
- Then type following command
adb reboot bootloader
Let the window install drivers, then type
fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(xxxxxx is your unlock code) and your phone will be unlocked
1. Download ALE-L21C432B052 EUChannel Android 5.0 EMUI 3.1 Firmware, Extract “update.app” from the downloaded firmware file and open it with huawei update extractor, as shown in image below.
2. Download Huawei update extractor, install & open it then brows for “update.app” in it as shown in image below.
3. Once it open you will see list of files, you have to select only 4 files from it,
to select multiple files hold CRTL button on keyboard. once you selected these files right click on any selected file and click “extract selected” as shown in image below.
4. make new folder on desktop with any name, and extract these 4 files in that folder.
***Very Important Step***
5. Now Download ADB Installer for P8 Lite. and extract all files in same folder where you saved those 4 files. as shown in image below
6. Switch off your phone, hold volume down button & connect it with PC, you will see white screen saying Phone unlocked, as shown in image below
7. Now Double click on “install.bat” file and installation should start, you have to wait little bit longer, as this process may take 45 to 60 minutes.
8. Once you finished installation, you should reboot your phone, your phone may take some time to boot up,
9. Now download this Vendor Information File, extract it and copy”dload” folder in sdcard/internal memory of your phone.
10. go in settings>updater 7 select”update.app” and start update, your phone will restart and you will see balong bug as been fixed.
11. Now we will start Marshmallow Upgrade process,
12. Download this firmware: ALE-L21C432B170 EUChannel Android 5.0 EMUI 3.1 DUAL SIM, extract “update.app” copy inside dload folder, and start update, after successful update you will be on lollipop 5.0 without Balong bug,
13. Now OTA updates will start to appear on your phone, you should install all of them, sequence will be like, B188, then B194 etc.
14. once you stop getting updates download this marshmallow firmware: Huawei P8 Lite Firmware (ALE-L21, Andriod 6.0, EMUI 4.0, C432B564, CEE&Nordic European, Channel-Others, Dual)
repeat same process extract “update.app” and copy in dload folder, and update. on successful update you will see your phone have Marshmallow B64 installed without Balong bug