Honor 8X Custom ROM Linage OS 17.1 JSN-L21/JSN-L22/JSN-L42/JSN-AL00 Supported
Honor 8X was one of the most hit mid-range devices released by Huawei. In this tutorial, we are going to guide you to install Lineage OS the famous custom ROM. This guide should be helpful for all variants of Honor 8X. This ROM is based on Android 10 and needs EMUI9.0 to be installed on your phone. Huawei has changed the partition format in EMUI9.1 which does not allow the installation of custom ROMs. So in order to install custom ROM your phone needs to be rolled back to EMUI9.0. In our experience, Lineage OS was much smoother and faster than the EMUI interface. And everything seems working fine. Some screenshots of this ROM are shared below.
Honor 8X Lineage ScreenShots:
Everything you do at your own risk, we are not responsible for your mistakes. All files/methods have been tested before sharing.
ROM Installation Giude:
- Back up all important data from your phone, you cannot restore data using Hisuite, so use a different method.
- You must have an OTG connector and a USB mouse
- Downgrade phone to EMUI 9.0 if the phone is running EMUI9.1 or EMUI10 because ROM cannot be installed on EMUI9.1
- Unlock the bootloader of your phone (Details Here)
- Download ROM from THIS LINK (Click Here)
- Extract the file using WinRAR and you will get the IMG file of the ROM
- You must download lineage-17.1-20210714-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img.xz other versions are not compatible
- Download TWRP and other required apps from THIS LINK (Password:ministryofsolutions.com)
- Extract downloaded files and open MAF32.exe
- Connect the phone in fastboot mode and type the command ” fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk TWRP.img “
- Once flashing is complete, you should disconnect the phone from the PC, then hold the volume up and power, and keep holding both buttons until the TWRP recovery appears.
- Now touch will not work in TWRP, you must connect a USB mouse through an OTG connector to use TWRP
- Swipe to allow modifications
- Click on Wipe> Format Data and type yes then click ok to format
- Then go back to the main menu of TWRP and click on root then click on Recovery
- If TWRP asks to install the app, click Do not install
- Once the phone reboots back to TWRP, swipe to allow modifications
- Then connect the phone to the PC, now you will be able to see internal storage
- Copy Gapps, and ROM image to the internal storage of your phone
- Disconnect the phone and again connect a USB mouse, Go back to the main menu of TWRP
- Click on Install>click on Install Image> and choose lineage ROM image and then tick ” system image ” then swipe to flash
- Once flashing is complete go back to the main menu of TWRP (If you don’t want Google apps you can skip the next step)
- Click on install and then click on Gapps zip file and swipe to flash, if you get an error then you have to resize the system partition see the next step
- To resize the system partition you need to go back in the main menu of TWRP click on wipe>advanced wipe>tick system>click Repair or change file system >Resize file system and swipe to resize
- Then go back to the main menu of TWRP and flash Gapps now installation should be successful. don’t reboot yet
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP click on the reboot button and then click on Bootloader
- The phone should enter fastboot mode now
- Connect Phone with pc and open MAF32.exe
- Type the command ” fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk RECOVERY_RAMDISK.img ” (without commas) and press enter
- If flashing succeeds, disconnect the phone from pc and then hold the volume up and power, keep holding until the recovery mode appears
- Wipe data/factory reset the phone and then wipe the cache
- Then reboot the system and Lineage should start, 1st boot may take some time.
How to Fix Playstore error:
- Download the Device ID apk from any THIS LINK
- Install this apk on your phone
- Open the app and copy the google Service framework (GSF) ID
- Open the Google Device ID registration page click here and register the ID you copied earlier
- After a few hours, you will be able to use the google play store.