Huawei Y9 2019 JKM-LX1 Android 10 ROM Lineage With Root/EdXposed/Gcam/Gapps
since this blog started 1st time sharing a complete tutorial of custom ROM installation. In this tutorial, we have covered the Huawei Y9 2019 JKM-LX1. Of course, all variants are supported. JKM-LX2, JKM-LX3 all these models are compatible. ROM we have used is Lineage 17.1 unofficial release of February 2021. This treble ROM is based on Android 10. In our experience, ROM was smooth and faster. Much faster than the EMUI interface and we were able to use Android features on this old phone. We have added some screenshots for users to get an idea of how the phone will look after this ROM is installed.
Huawei Y9 2019 Lineage Screenshots:
Everything you do at your own risk, we are not responsible for your mistakes. All files/methods have been tested before sharing.
ROM Installation Giude:
- Back up all important data from your phone, you cannot restore data using hisuite, so use a different method.
- You must have an OTG connector and a USB mouse
- Unlock the bootloader of your phone (Details Here)
- Downgrade phone to EMUI9.0 if the phone is running EMUI9.1, because ROM cannot be installed on EMUI9.1
- Download ROM from THIS LINK (Click Here)
- Extract the file using WinRAR and you will get the IMG file of the ROM
- You must download lineage-17.1-20210212-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img.xz other versions are not compatible
- Download TWRP and other required apps from THIS LINK (Password:ministryofsolutions.com)
- Extract downloaded files and open MAF32.exe
- Connect the phone in fastboot mode and type the command ” fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk TWRP.img “
- Once flashing is complete, you should disconnect the phone from pc then hold the volume up and power, keep holding both buttons until see the TWRP recovery
- Now touch will not work in TWRP, you must connect a USB mouse to use TWRP
- Swipe to allow modifications
- Click on Wipe> Format Data and type yes then swipe to format
- Connect the phone with pc, now you will be able to see internal storage
- Copy Gapps, Reocvery_Ramdisk, and ROM image to the internal storage of your phone
- Disconnect the phone and again connect a USB mouse, Go back to the main menu of TWRP
- Click on wipe >advanced wipe >tick on system partition and swipe to wipe
- Then go back to the main menu of TWRP, click on Install>Install Image and choose lineage ROM image and then tick ” system image ” then swipe to flash
- Once flashing is complete go back to the main menu of TWRP (If you don’t want Google apps you can skip the next step)
- Click on install and then click on Gapps zip file and swipe to flash, if you get an error then you have to resize the system partition see the next step
- To resize the system partition you need to go back in the main menu of TWRP click on wipe>advanced wipe>tick system>click Repair or change file system >Resize file system and swipe to resize
- Then go back to the main menu of TWRP and flash Gapps now installation will be successful. don’t reboot yet
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP click on Install > Install Image> select Recovery_Ramdisk.img and then tick ” recovery ramdisk ” and swipe to flash (This action will replace TWRP with Stock recovery because ROM will not load with TWRP)
- Then go back to the main menu of TWRP click on reboot and then click Recovery
- The Phone will enter stock recovery mode, wipe data/factory reset, and reboot the phone
- Congratulations Lineage has been installed
- If you don’t like open cam then Gcam can be installed for better quality, APK is included.
How to Fix Playstore error:
- Download the Device ID apk from any THIS LINK
- Open the app and copy the google Service framework ID
- Open the Google Device ID registration page click here and register the ID you copied earlier
- After a few hours, you will be able to use the google play store.
How to install Root:
- Install the Latest version of Magisk Manager V23
- Patch Stock recovery_ramdisk with Magisk
- Transfer the patched image to the computer
- Flash the patched image in fastboot using this command ” fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk xxxxx.img ” (XXX is the name of your patched img)
- Disconnect the phone from pc, Hold the volume up and power, keep holding until appears the message ” your device has been unlocked ” then leave the buttons
- Verify root access.
- If you don’t hold the volume up and power at the boot time root access will not be enabled.
- Download SafetyNet fix module from here
- Flash this model in magisk and this will fix the notification ” device is not play protect certified”
Thanks to the Lineage OS developer
Thanks to TWRP developer
Thank to Greatness GCAM developer