Huawei Mate 8 NXT-L09 Nougat B522 (AT&T-IUSACELL-Mexico)
Huawei Mate 8 NXT-L09 AT&T variant has just received nougat upgrade. users with cust version C212 can install this update. Build number of this new firmware is B522. And running EMUI 5 on front.
- Huawei designed EMUI 5.0 based on the newly released Android 7.0. The brand new EMUI 5.0 is inspired by the pure blues and whites of the Aegean Sea. The interface is simple and smart, and EMUI 5.0 comes with enhanced, powerful performance that allows mobile phones to operate more smoothly.
- A cleaner, more interactive interface A brand new UI and effects inspired by the blues and whites of the Aegean Sea. Simplified gestures, with most operations completed in 3 steps.
- EMUI 5.0 is more customizable, offering an optional Android App Drawer layout to users.
- System operations are more fluid, allowing you to view a massive amount of images, browse websites, and perform searches faster.
[Find out more]
- An optimized design combines shortcuts with notifications to reduce the complexity of user actions. Touch and hold notifications to quickly block messages and notifications.Reminder cards are stacked to save space.
- Three dimensional task management Tasks are stacked three dimensional on the UI. Smooth gestures allow users to scroll through tasks by sliding up and down or dismiss tasks by swiping left or right.
- Camera now supports plug-in management. Infrequently used modes, like document scan, are presented as plug-ins.
- Customization and sharing features added to name cards. The sharing feature allows quick sharing of contacts through Bluetooth, Facebook, and other methods.
- Added a scanner to the search box and lock screen, making it easier to add new contacts.
- Improved how unread emails are tagged in the inbox. Users can now quickly delete, star, and mark emails as read or unread from the left sliding menu.
- Added a newly designed drawer feature. When this feature is enabled, it hides non-system preset apps in a drawer on the home screen, presenting you with a simple and tidy layout.
- Added a new drawer feature for settings. For settings that take two or more steps to set up, the user can now jump directly back to the main settings page with one gesture.
- Added eye comfort mode, enabling you to adjust the screen color temperature manually to lessen visual fatigue.
- Firmware Download Link : Huawei Server | Alternative Link
- File Download Size: 1.3 GB
- Data File Download Link: Huawei Server | Alternative Link
- File Download Size: 0.99 GB
- Build Number: NXT-L09C212B522
- Release Date: 18-Aug-2017
- Supported Model: NXT-L09C212 (AT&T – IUSACELL)
- Update Type: Full Firmware OTA Official
Installation Method 1
- This method only works until Huawei server links are working.
- Bootloader should be Locked
- The battery should be charged 70%
- You must have at least 5GB free space
- Download Huawei updater from This Link
- Download the latest Hisuite from the official Huawei website
- Open Huawei update, tick in custom ROM, in custom ROM version type NXT-L09C212B522
- In Custom ROM URL copy this link http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1582/g104/v93766/f2/
- Then tick custom port, don’t change it.
- Now connect your phone with pc and make sure Hisuite recognize and is connected properly. then just open the Hisuite menu and change network settings as shown in the image below.
- Then in Huawei updater press start and in hisuite click check for update.
- It should start downloading and install firmware
Installation Method 2
- You will lose the warranty
- Backup all important data
- Enable OEM unlock in developer options
- Unlock the bootloader of your device (How to unlock bootloader?)
- Copy update.zip and update_data_full_NXT-L09_iusacell_mx.zip to sd card
- Download TWRP recovery from THIS LINK
- Download Minimal ADB from THIS LINK
- Connect device in fastboot mode
- Copy TWRP file to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder, then type this command ” fastboot flash twrp-3.0.2-0-next.img ” and press enter
- After successful installation start the phone in TWRP mode by holding volume up & power button,
- on 1st screen of TWRP swipe to allow modification
- Then tap on wipe and press format data, type yes and swipe to confirm
- Go back and reboot to recovery mode again
- Then tap on install and select update.zip file then swipe to install
- Don’t restart, then again tap on install and select other zip file “update_data_full_NXT-L09_iusacell_mx.zip ” and swipe to install.
- Now restart your phone, you will be running EMUI 5.0
- If the phone takes longer than 10 minutes, reboot to recovery mode (volume up and power) then factory reset.