[Solved] Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31 Bricked After Nougat Update
If you have bricked your Huawei P9 lite VNS-L31 during update to nougat. you can easily recovery your phone by following this tutorial.
This tutorial applies to such phone which are stuck in erecovery mode.
Note: This guide only applies to VNS-L31 dual sim variant, if your phone is single sim you should read last paragraph first
Prepare your phone for unbricking
- Connect your phone in fastboot mode (switch off , hold volume down and connect with PC). and check if its showing phone unlocked FRP unlocked, as shown in image below
- If any of these options showing locked, then you have to unlock 1st. phon unlock (bootloader code) can be obtained by following guide posted HERE.
- FRP lock can not be removed easily, you have to contact me for FRP removal. (but its not free)
- SD Card with atleast 8GB free space
- Download recovery file from THIS LINK (credit @BadwolfYe & algnerd from XDA)
- Download Nougat from firmware files from THIS POST
- Copy both files to sd card (Don’t extract them)
- Insert SD card in phone.
- Connect phone with pc in fastboot mode.
- Extract Recovery zip file, and open folder in which files are extracted, hold shift button on keyboard and right click in free space, in menu select open command prompt here.
- CMD windows will open, type ” fastboot devices ” if you see serial number of device that means connection successful otherwise reinstall drivers.
- After that type “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img” and hit enter.
- Disconnect phone from PC and boot into recovery mode (press and hold power + volume up)
- You will enter TWRP mode, swipe on 1st screen, then tap on wipe button, then select advanced wipe
- Select only data partition and tap on repair or change file system button, as shown in image below.
- on next screen select change file system, as shown in image below
- On next screen select F2FS and swipe to make changes, as shown in image below
- Repeat this process but partition type select “Ext4” and swipe to change.
- After that go back to main menu, tap on install, and select update.zip that you have copied on sd card. and swipe to install.
- On completion don’t reboot, go back to main menu, tap on install and select other zip file update_data_full_VNS-L31_hw_eu.zip and install it.
- Don’t reboot system.
- Go back to main menu, tap on reboot and select bootloader.
- Phone should boot to fastboot mode.
- Connect it witch PC and open recovery folder that you extracted earlier
- hold shift button on keyboard and right click in free space, in menu select open command prompt here.
- CMD windows will open, type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and hit enter.
- Now disconnect phone from PC, and boot into recovery mode (Volume up + Power), it will take you to stock recovery. select 2nd option wipe data/factory reset.
- once completed phone should reboot.
- phone will take like 10 minutes to boot, and you will be running Nougat.
For Single Sim version
- You can convert your phone to dual sim to install this unbrick firmware.
- Just download this DUAL sim OEM file from THIS LINK
- Copy it to sd card, and install it before install Nougat firmware file.
Note: your phone will be converted to European DUAL sim
Special Thanks to Mr. Touseef from South Africa for screenshots,
Information Sources :XDA forum, HTC Mania