Samsung C9 Pro SM-C900F TWRP and Root Marshmallow
Samsung C9 Pro SM-C900F has been successfully rooted by using TWRP developed by Malaysian developers Line_Line . we are thankful for this development, please donate him for his work.
Screenshot provided by Issac Raj from India (Thank you Bro)
How to root?
- This guide is only tested on QAB version of marshmallow (try on other versions at your risk, if it works on other versions please write in comments and help others)
- Install Samsung USB drivers, easily available on samsung official site.
- Backup all important data, as your phone will factory reset during this process.
- Battery should be at least 50% charged
- Enable developer options
- Enable oem unlock
- Disable Samsung reactivation lock
- Open Samsung galaxy apps store and download crom services open it to unlock your bootloader.
- Once bootloader unlocked, restart phone in download mode (Switch off , then hold volume down + home button and power button) then press volume up to enter download mode.
- Download SuperSU from THIS LINK, and copy it to sd card.
- Download TWRP recovery from THIS LINK
- Download Latest ODIN from THIS LINK
- Open ODIN and connect your phone with PC , if you see Blue/green bar in 1st box of odin, it means phone connected successfully.
- Now press AP button and select ” SM-C900F_twrp-3.1.0-0.tar “
- Remove Tick from auto reboot option, Then press start.
- Once flashing finished, disconnect phone from PC. and enter recovery mode (Don’t boot to normal mode) hold volum up, volume down, home, power) and when phone start boot, release volume down key.
- In TWRP swipe on 1st screen, don’t press on any button.
- It will be in chinese, watch the video given below to change language.
- Then in main menu tap on wipe > format data, type yes. and swipe to format data.
- Then go back to main menu and tap on Install, Select SuperSU file that you have copied to sd card. and swipe to flash.
- Once flashing process finished , reboot phone, VIOLA you have rooted your phone successfully.