Huawei Mate 8 NXT-L29 Firmware B582 EMUI 5.0.1 (Middle East)
A new firmware version has been released for Huawei Mate 8 NXT-L29 middle eastern variant. users with cust version C185 can install this firmware by following the guide given below.
- This update adds a feature to search for images with key words in Gallery, and a feature to automatically install downloaded system updates between 2:00 – 4:00 AM if the device is not in use.
- Adds a feature to search for images with key words (such as location, date, album name) in Gallery.
- Adds a feature to automatically install downloaded system updates between 2:00 – 4:00 AM when enabled if the device is not in use.
- Optimizes settings and prompts related to Mirror reflection to select better selfies.
- Optimizes power consumption for extended use.
- Integrates Google security patches for improved system security.
What i have observed personally
- Better battery life
- Better WiFi connectivity
- Motion Picture option in camera
- Firmware Download Link : Huawei Server (For offline installation)
- File Download Size: 1.31GB
- Public Data File Download Link: Huawei Server (For offline installation)
- File Download Size: 429 MB
- Full Data File Download Link: Huawei Server (For offline installation)
- File Download Size: 609 MB
- Security Patch: 5 August 2017
- Build Number: NXT-L29C185B582
- Supported Model: NXT-L29C185 (Middle East – Africa)
- Update Type: Full OTA
- Battery should be charged up to 50%
- Download firmware finder app from playstore Link
- Open firmware finder and tap on menu (3 lines button in left corner) and tap on settings, enable use proxy for install and show package for current region, as show in image below
- It will ask you to install proxy add-on, allow it and install after download.
- Now open firmware finder again, and add your model if its not detected automatically , for this installation add (NXT-L29C185) and search for firmware. You will be presented with a list of firmware as you can see image below.
- Chose Full OTA version of the firmware you want to install
- On next screen tap on ” Get an update through proxy “
- Now you will see guide to change proxy settings of your WiFi connection which should be as shown in following image.
- Finally go to Setting > System update, wait for few seconds and new update will appear.
- Start download , and installation should succeed.
For offline installation (Not tested)
- This method voids your warranty
- Make dload folder on sd card
- Extaract update.zip and copy update.app to dload
- Switch off phone and hold 3 buttons (volume up, volume down, power) until update starts.
- After successful installation, Enable oem unlock in developer option, and unlock bootloader.
- Copy other 2 zip files (update_full_hw_meanfaf) (full_data_public) to sd card
- Flash Latest TWRP recovery
- Boot to TWRP recovery , and install both zip files.