Honor 8 Rebrand (Convert Chinese to International)
In this tutorial Honor 8 rebrand process will be shared with you. By following this method you can convert your Chinese model to international and single sim version can be rebranded to dual sim version. This process only applicable to devices running marshmallow version of android. After rebranding your phone all google apps should work. and chinese apps will be removed permanently.
Supported Models: FRD-AL00, FRD-AL10, FRD-DL00, FRD-L04, FRD-L09, FRD-L02
Disclaimer: Try at your own risk. This method has been tested by me and it may work for you too.
- It only works on Android 6 (Marshmallow)
- Backup all your important data.
- Unlock bootloader of your phone (How to unlock ?)
- Download TWRP recovery from THIS LINK (Thanks to Greatslon)
- Download minimal adb and fastboot from THIS LINK
- Download FRD-L19 firmware from THIS LINK
- Copy firmware fileto sd card.
- Right click on minimal adb icon and choose “open file locations” and copy twrp in this folder.
- Open minimal adb and fastboot interface, and type ” fastboot flash recovery twrp_cn_greatslon_Honor 8.img “
- Disconnect phone from PC then hold volume up and power. And keep holding until TWRP appears.
- TWRP will be in chinese, just tap on right side button (change language) and choose english
- Swipe to allow modifications
- Tap on wipe > Format data. and type ” yes ” to confirm
- Tap on install and choose the firmware file that you have copied earlier and swipe to install
- Finally reboot. if your phone can’t boot just factory reset it once.