Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L23 Root (Nougat – EMUI 5)
Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L23 is Latin American version of P9 lite. as reported by users that standard method for root doesn’t work with this model. in this tutorial i will share working method to root this phone.
This method has been tested on VNS-L23C605B370 version of nougat, on other versions try at your own risk.
- Backup all important data from phone.
- Unlock bootloader of your phone (How to unlock ?)
- Download recovery from THIS LINK
- Download boot from THIS LINK
- Download SuperSU from THIS LINK
- Copy “BOOTB370.img” and ” SuperSU ” zip to your sd card
- Power off phone, disconnect from pc, hold volume down and insert cable
- Phone should enter fastboot mode
- Extract “Recovery RC3.zip” and open MAF32.exe
- Type ” fastboot flash recovery recovery-vns-rc3.img ” and press enter.
- Disconnect from PC
- Hold volume up and power , keep holding until TWRP screen appears.
- Swipe to allow modifications
- Tap on Install and tap on install image
- Choose ” BOOTB370.img ” and swipe to install (Don’t reboot)
- Then go back and again tap on install, and this time choose superSU zip and swipe to install.
- Done, Now reboot your phone. if you can see superSU app then root has been successfully installed.