Huawei Mate 8 NXT-L09 Nougat B596 Update (Asia Pacific)
Huawei Mate 8 NXT-L09 asian variant has been upgraded to new firmware. The new build number is B596 which can be installed on devices with cust version C636.
- This update improves system security with Google security patches.
- Integrates Google security patches for improved system security.
- Firmware Download Link : Huawei Server | Alternative Link
- File Download Size: 1.6 GB
- Data File Download Link: Huawei Server | Alternative Link
- File Download Size: 894 MB
- Public Data FIle Download: Huawei Server | Alternative Link
- Build Number: NXT-L09C636B596
- Supported Model: NXT-L09C636 (Asia Pacific)
- Update Type: Full OTA
- Battery should be charged up to 50%
- Download firmware finder app from playstore Link
- Open firmware finder and tap on menu (3 lines button in left corner) and tap on settings, enable use proxy for install and show package for current region, as show in image below
- It will ask you to install proxy add-on, allow it and install after download.
- Now open firmware finder again, and add your model if its not detected automatically , for this installation add (NXT-L09C636) and search for firmware. You will be presented with a list of firmware as you can see image below.
- Chose Full OTA version dated (2017.10.31)
- On next screen tap on ” Get an update through proxy “
- Now you will see guide to change proxy settings of your WiFi connection which should be as shown in following image.
- Finally go to Setting > System update, wait for few seconds and new update will appear.
- Start download , and installation should succeed.
For offline installation (Not tested)
- This method voids your warranty
- Make dload folder on sd card
- Extaract update.zip and copy update.app to dload
- Switch off phone and hold 3 buttons (volume up, volume down, power) until update starts.
- After successful installation, Enable oem unlock in developer option, and unlock bootloader.
- Copy other 2 zip files (NXT-L09_hw_spcseas/update_full_NXT-L09_hw_spcseas.zip) (full_data_public) to sd card
- Flash Latest TWRP recovery
- Boot to TWRP recovery , and install both zip files.