Huawei Mediapad M3 BTV-DL09 Rebrand (Convert to European Version)
In this post, i am going to write about changing region of Huawei Mediapad M3 BTV-DL09. By using this method you can convert you BTV-DL09 to european version. we will replace oeminfo of current firmware with european firmware. and then we will install European firmware.
Warning: You will lose warranty
- You need sd card with at least 8gb free space
- Backup all your important data from medipad
- Enable oem unlock in developer options
- Unlock bootloader of your device (How to unlock?)
- Download twrp_BTV-DL09_5_greatslon.img from THIS LINK
- Download and install minimal adb and fastboot from THIS LINK
- Copy this twrp file to minimal adb installation directory ( C:/program Files/minimal adb )
- Connect your device in fastboot mode and open minimal adb , then run following
fastboot flash twrp_BTV-DL09_5_greatslon.img
- Then type fastboot reboot and press enter, phone should reboot.
- Disconnect device from PC, and switch off, then hold volume up and power to enter TWRP mode
- On 1st screen just swipe blue bar to enter TWRP
- Then tap on backup and select only oeminfo partition
- Then tap on select storage and chose sd card
- Swipe to make backup
- Once backup created , connect device with pc, you will be able to see sd card
- In sd card find TWRP folder inside you will fine backup files, copy them to safe location, because this is your original oeminfo.
- Now download European OEMinfo from THIS LINK
- Extract this file and you will 2 files inside, ( oeminfo.emmc.win & oeminfo.emmc.win.md5 )
- Copy them to your backup folder on sd card and replace your original files.
- Download European firmware files from Here (Make sure you download both files update.zip and full data zip)
- Now copy both files on your sd card
- Disconnect device from PC and go back to main menu of TWRP,
- Tap on restore and select the backup on sd card
- Restore OEMinfo backup (Don’t reboot)
- Go back to main menu, and tap on install then select “update.zip” firmware file, after installation don’t reboot
- Go back to main menu , again tap on install and select 2nd zip file “update_data_full_hw_eu.zip”
- Now finally reboot.
- Your device should factory reset automatically
- check build number after reboot if its showing (BTV-DL09C100) you have successfully converted mediapad to European version.