Nokia Asha 206 RM-872 Security Code Reset / Dead Repair
Nokia Asha 206 RM-872 is an excellent phone in economical price, and even easier to flash it. in this tutorial i will guide how you can flash it by yourself. Because this phone don’t have USB port it will not be easy for non tech person to do at home.
- Cheap USB cable
- Soldering iron
- Nokia care suite (Download From Here)
- Nokia Asha 206 RM-872 full firmware (Download From Here) It’s south east asian firmware, if you have your own regions firmware, you can use it.
- Cut off USB cable from middle, and remove plastic shield around small cables inside. as shown in image.
- Solder these cables as shown in image, these points work same as USB connector.
- You can see how i soldered these cables.make sure they don’t touch each other.
- Now extract downloaded firmware zip file you will get RM-872 folder, copy this folder to C:\Programdata\Nokia\Packages\Products\ (if products folder not there, create by yourself).
- Now open Nokia care suite,double click on product support tool for store, it will open another window. click on work offline.
- In support tool click on file and then select open product, select your model from list.
- Now in left bottom, click programming and select recovery.
- A new window will open, and it will show your firmware version, if it doesn’t detect automatically, click update list button.
- Select the update package and click start. a message will pop up with instructions, click on retry , connect phone with PC and insert battery carefully, make sure it. doesn’t press cable, you can hold battery with hand.
- Flashing should start, Make sure you don’t move battery or phone, until flashing completes.
- Whole process will take 20 minutes, and must wait until phone boot up itself.