Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L23 Nougat B302 EMUI 5 (Tigo – Latin America)
Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L23 by Tigo telecom operator in Latin America has started receiving OTA. if you have not received OTA update, you can install it by following this guide.
Official update changelog
Huawei designed EMUI 5.0 based on the newly released Android 7.0. The brand new EMUI 5.0 is inspired by the pure blues and whites of the Mediterranean. The interface is simple and smart, and EMUI 5.0 comes with enhanced, powerful performance that allows mobile phones to operate more smoothly.
- A cleaner, more interactive interface A brand new UI and effects inspired by the blues and whites of the Mediterranean.Simplified gestures, with most operations completed in 3 steps.
- EMUI 5.0 is more customizable, offering an optional Android App Drawer layout to users.
- Enhanced features System operations are more fluid, allowing you to view a massive amount of images, browse websites, and perform searches faster.
[Find out more]
- Notifications An optimized design combines shortcuts with notifications to reduce the complexity of user actions. Touch and hold notifications to quickly block messages and notifications. Reminder cards are stacked to save space.
- Three dimensional task management Tasks are stacked three dimensionally on the UI. Smooth gestures allow users to scroll through tasks by sliding up and down or dismiss tasks by swiping left or right.
- Camera now supports plug-in management. Infrequently used modes, like document readjustment, are presented as plug-ins to save internal memory on your phone.
- Customization and sharing features added to name cards.
- The sharing feature allows quick sharing of contacts through Bluetooth, Facebook, and other methods.
- Added a scanner to the search box and lock screen, making it easier to add new contacts.
- Improved how unread emails are tagged in the inbox.
- Users can now quickly delete, star, and mark emails as read or unread from the left sliding menu.
- Created a new suggested settings feature that recommends key settings based on the device’s current status.
- Now, your phone is more capable of adjusting to your habits.
- Added a newly designed drawer feature. When this feature is enabled, it hides non-system preset apps in a drawer on the home screen, presenting you with a simple and tidy layout.
- Added a new drawer feature for settings. For settings that take two or more steps to set up, the user can now jump directly back to the main settings page with one gesture.
- Emergency information added. Users can add their names, blood type, and other information, so emergency services personnel can view this information from the lock screen.
- Added App twin, a feature that allows users to log in to two different accounts for third-party apps such as WhatsApp and Facebook.
- Firmware Download Link : Huawei Server | Alternative Link
- File Size: 1.24 GB
- Data File Download Link : Huawei Server | Alternative Link
- File Size: 733 MB
- Build Number: VNS-L23C45B302
- Supported Model: VNS-L23C45 (Tigo/Latin America)
- Firmware Type: Official OTA Incremental
Installation Method 1
- Backup all important data
- Charge Battery up to 50%
- Enable OEM unlock in developer options
- Make dload folder on sd card
- Extract update.zip and copy update.app to dload folder, Switch off your phone and hold 3 buttons (volume up, volume down, and power) until you see update start screen.
- Follow next steps only if 1st file installed successfully
- Remove update.app file from dload folder.
- After that extract “update_data_full_VNS-L03_tigo_la.zip” and move all files to dload folder and install it, using 3 button force update method (Switch off your phone and hold 3 buttons (volume up, volume down, and power) until you see update start screen.
Installation Method 2
- Enable OEM unlock in developer options
- Download Huawei updater from This Link
- Download latest Hisuite from official huawei website
- Open huawei updater, tick in custom rom, in custom rom version type VNS-L23C45B302
- In Custom rom URL copy this link http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1258/g104/v78795/f1/
- Then tick custom port, don’t change it.
- now connect your phone with pc and make sure Hisuite recognizes and connected properly. then just open Hisuite menu and change network settings as shown in image below.
- Then in huawei updater click start and in hisuite click check for update
- it should start downloading and installing firmware
Installation Method 3
- Copy both files (Don’t Extract), update.zip and “update_data_full_VNS-L03_tigo_la.zip” file on sd card (you can not use internal storage)
- Install TWRP recovery (Click here to see guide), don’t root just install recovery.
- In TWRP tap on install and select update.zip file 1st, then swipe to install, Don’t reboot.
- Go back to main menu and again tap on install and select “update_data_full_VNS-L03_tigo_la.zip” file, and again swipe to install it.
- Now reboot & Nougat will be running on your device.