Huawei Mate9 MHA-AL00 Converted to MHA-L29 /unbrick(Visual Guide)
This guide has been written with visual graphics to help users better understand the whole process.
- Originally this guide has been posted on XDA forum, and credit goes to real developers who have found this work around.
- Photos has been provided by Mr. Alex from Germany who’s phone was converted successfully with my cooperation.
- Alex was running B175 on Chinese mate9 as you can see in following photo.
Steps to follow
- You need good quality sd card with atleast 8GB free space
- Backup all important data
- Charge battery up to 50%
- Enable OEM unlock in developer options
- Enable USB debugging
- Unlock your bootloader by following THIS GUIDE
- Download TWRP from THIS LINK
- Download Asian (MHA-L29C636) OEM info from THIS LINK
- Download MHA-L29C636B110 firmware from THIS LINK
- Switch off phone, hold volume down and connect with pc, phone will enter fastboot mode.
- Now go to “Minimal ADB and Fastboot ” folder in C:/Program Files (You have installed when unlocking bootloader) and copy ” twrp-3.0.2-2-hi3660.img ” to that folder.
- Then open MAF32.exe and type fastboot devices and press enter, if it shows your device serial number, it means connection is successful.
- Now type ” Fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-2-hi3660.img ” and press enter. if it shows Ok: finished …
- Then disconnect phone from PC and reboot to twrp recovery (Power + Volume up) keep them hold, or switch off and hold volume up key and connect with pc.
- Following screen will be presented on your phone screen, Don’t press any button just swipe blue bar.
- On next screen you will see TWRP menu, tap on Wipe then press format data, type yes and wipe to format data.
- Then go back to main menu again, and tap on Backup button, you will see all partitions, only select oeminfo and then swipe to make backup.
- If backup is successful you will see the path where this backup is being saved, normally it is inside TWRP >Backups>serial number>your build number. as you can see in following image.
- Now reboot to normal mode, if twrp ask to install any app just ignore it. and reboot
- Now copy that oeminfo to safe place, this is backup of regional file of your phone.
- Now extract the C636oeminfo zip that you have downloaded earlier, and copy all files inside to to your backup folder and replace your original files with the downloaded one.
- Now extract asian firmware dload.rar file and copy that dload folder to sd card,
- Download update data zip from THIS LINK
- Now switch your phone off and boot to TWRP recovery again, swipe on 1st screen, then tap on Restore button, there will be only one backup , select it and swipe to restore.
- Now turn off phone, disconnect from PC. and hold 3 buttons (volume up, volume down, power) and it should start installation of Asian firmware.
- Once finished, again enable oem unlock, unlock bootloader again,enable USB debugging, and install TWRP recovery, as you did at start.
- Then tap install and select zip file ” update_full_hw_spcseas.zip” and swipe to flash.
- You will get error 7 at the end, as shown in image below, but don’t worry.
- Then turn off phone again, and use 3 button method to install asian firmware again. After installation your bootloader will lock again and you will not get any warning at boot.
- Then go in setting and do a factory reset.
- Once reset finish, boot phone to normal mode, and check build number, voila you will have MHA-L29C636B110. as you can see in image below
And after that user started receiving OTA one by one. as you can see in image below.