Huawei Honor 8 Smart VEN-L22 Nougat update B301 EMUI 5 (India)
Huawei Honor 8 Smart VEN-L22 Indian variant has been upgraded to Android Nougat with EMUI 5.0.
This is beta release is being sent to beta testers who have signed up during registration, but if you are interested in testing this firmware, follow this guide to install this upgrade.
Official update changelog
- ANDROID-7.0[Nougat] upgrade with EMUI-5.0 is available for your device. This will upgrade your system from VEN-L22C675B130CUSTC675D003 to VEN-L22C675B301CUSTC675D001.
New feature added in SOS
- Quick press power button 3 times,call will go to 112
New feature added in Webview
- Latest webview fix
- Firmware Download Link : Huawer Server (1.236 GB)
- Data File Download Link : Huawei Server (791 MB)
- Build Number : VEN-L22C675B301
- Supported Models: VEN-L22(India only)
- Firmware Type: Offical OTA Beta
Installation Method 1
- Enable OEM unlock in developer options (very important).
- Charge battery upto 60%
- Good quality sd card with 8 GB free space
- Download both files (firmware and data) on pc.
- Make dload folder on sd card
- Extract firmware file and copy update.app to dload folder.
- Switch off phone and hold 3 buttons (Volume up, volume down and power) to start update.
- After successful update remove update.app from dload.
- Extract “update_data_full_VEN-L22_channel_in.zip” and copy all files to dload folder, and then repeat 3 button update process.
Installation Method 2
- Battery should be charged 70%
- Download Huawei updater from This Link
- Download latest Hisuite from official huawei website
- Open huawei update, tick in custom rom, in custom rom version type VEN-L22C675B301
- In Custom rom URL copy this link http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G79/g0/v77272/f1/
- Then tick custome port, don’t change it.
- now connect your phone with pc and make sure Hisuite recognize and connected properly. then just open Hisuite menu and change network settings as shown in image below.
- Then in huawei updater click start and in hisuite click check for update
- it should start downloading and installing firmware