Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31 Nougat B331 Update EMUI 5(Middle East-Africa)
Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31 have received its 1st Nougat update in December which is considered as beta till now. After this upgrade your device will be upgraded to EMUI 5 with running nougat on back end.
Huawei designed EMUI 5.0 based on the newly released Android 7.0. The brand new EMUI 5.0 is inspired by the pure blues and whites of the Aegean Sea. The interface is simple and smart, and EMUI 5.0 comes with enhanced, powerful performance that allows mobile phones to operate more smoothly.
- A cleaner, more interactive interface A brand new UI and effects inspired by the blues and whites of the Aegean Sea. Simplified gestures, with most operations completed in 3 steps. EMUI 5.0 is more customisable, offering an optional Android App Drawer layout to users.
- Enhanced features System operations are more fluid, allowing you to view a massive amount of images, browse websites, and perform searches faster.
- An optimised design combines shortcuts with notifications to reduce the complexity of user actions. Touch and hold notifications to quickly block messages and notifications.
- Reminder cards are stacked to save space.
- Three dimensional task management Tasks are stacked three dimensionally on the UI.
- Smooth gestures allow users to scroll through tasks by sliding up and down or dismiss tasks by swiping left or right.
- Customization and sharing features added to name cards.
- The sharing feature allows quick sharing of contacts through Bluetooth, Facebook, and other methods.
- Added a scanner to the search box and lock screen, making it easier to add new contacts.
- Improved how unread emails are tagged in the inbox.
- Users can now quickly delete, star, and mark emails as read or unread from the left sliding menu.
- Created a new suggested settings feature that recommends key settings based on the device’s current status.
- Now, your phone is more capable of adjusting to your habits.
- Added a newly designed drawer feature. When this feature is enabled, it hides non-system preset apps in a drawer on the home screen, presenting you with a simple and tidy layout.
- Added a new drawer feature for settings.
- For settings that take two or more steps to set up, the user can now jump directly back to the main settings page with one gesture.
- Emergency information added. Users can add their names, blood type, and other information, so emergency services personnel can view this information from the lock screen.
- Added App twin, a feature that allows users to log in to two different accounts for third-party apps such as WhatsApp and Facebook.
- Huawei Server Download Links: Firmware File | Data File
- Alternative Download Links: Mega Link
- File Size : 1.28 GB & 642 MB
- Build Number : VNS-L31C185B331
- Supported Models : VNS-L31C185 (Middle East /Africa) only
- Firmware Type : Official Beta
Installation Method 1
Enable OEM unlock in developer options (very important).
Charge battery upto 60%
Good quality sd card with 8 GB free space
Download both files (firmware and data) on pc.
Make dload folder on sd card
Extract firmware file and copy update.app to dload folder.
Switch off phone and hold 3 buttons (Volume up, volume down and power) to start update.
After successful update rename “update_data_full_VNS-L31_hw_meafnaf.zip” to ” update.zip ” and copy it in dload folder, and then repeat 3 button process.
Installation Method 2
- Battery should be charged 70%
- Download Huawei updater from This Link
- Download latest Hisuite from official huawei website
- Open huawei update, tick in custom rom, in custom rom version type VNS-L31C185B331
- In Custom rom URL copy this link http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1258/g104/v72747/f1/
- Then tick custome port, don’t change it.
- now connect your phone with pc and make sure Hisuite recognize and connected properly. then just open Hisuite menu and change network settings as shown in image below.
- Then in hisuite click check for update
- it should start downloading and installing firmware
Installation Method 3
- Copy both files (Don’t Extract), update.zip and “update_data_full_VNS-L31_hw_meafnaf.zip” file on sd card (you can not use internal storage)
- Install TWRP recovery (Click here to see guide), don’t root just install recovery.
- In TWRP tap on install and select update.zip file 1st, then swipe to install, Don’t reboot.
- Go back to main menu and again tap on install and select “update_data_full_VNS-L31_hw_meafnaf.zip” file, and again swipe to install it.
- Now reboot & Nougat will be running on your device.