Huawei Honor 6X TWRP and ROOT
Huawei Honor 6X has been rooted by Chinese developers. This root method works only for EMUI 4.1 on both variants BLN-L22 & BLN-L21. even though it is tested do it at your own risk.
How to root?
- Backup all important data
- Unlock bootloader of your phone (How to unlock bootloader?)
- Download TWRP & root files from THIS LINK
- After download extract all files in zip file
- In extracted folder right click while holding shift key, and from menu list select open ” command prompt here “. it will open CMD window.
- Enable OEM unlock in developer options.
- Now connect your phone with PC in fastboot mode (Switch off and hold volume down then connect with PC)
- Now in cmd window type” fastboot devices ” and hit enter, if it shows device serial number, this means your device is connected properly.
- Now type ” fastboot flash recovery twrp_recovery.img ” and press enter. if installation is successful, disconnect phone from PC.
- Now switch off phone and quickly press volume up and power button to enter TWRP mode. Don’t let phone boot normally.
- Once you are in TWRP, swipe on 1st screen to allow modifications, if TWRP in is chinese WATCH THIS VIDEO to change TWRP language.
- Tap on wipe, then tap format data, type yes to confirm and swipe to complete format.
- Then go back to main screen tap on advanced and then tap on root. swipe to install root.
- Wipe cache And Dalvik
- Restart phone. if you can see SuperSU icon, it mean root was successful.
- Just in case anything goes wrong, you can always flash stock recovery which is included in zip file, to flash stock recovery type this command ” fastboot flash recovery recovery_stock.img ” and press enter. then restart phone.
Source : Club.Huawei