Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31 Nougat Firmware B336 EMUI 5.0 (Europe-Beta)
Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31 has received new firmware upgrade which is Nougat B336, be informed that Nougat is still under beta testing, so you may face small bugs after installation.
Images Credit: Mr. Touseef from South Africa who tested this update.
Huawei designed EMUI 5.0 based on the newly released Android 7.0. The brand new EMUI 5.0 is inspired by the pure blues and whites of the Aegean Sea. The interface is simple and smart, and EMUI 5.0 comes with enhanced, powerful performance that allows mobile phones to operate more smoothly.
- A cleaner, more interactive interface A brand new UI and effects inspired by the blues and whites of the Aegean Sea. Simplified gestures, with most operations completed in 3 steps. EMUI 5.0 is more customisable, offering an optional Android App Drawer layout to users.
- Enhanced features System operations are more fluid, allowing you to view a massive amount of images, browse websites, and perform searches faster.
- An optimised design combines shortcuts with notifications to reduce the complexity of user actions. Touch and hold notifications to quickly block messages and notifications.
- Reminder cards are stacked to save space.
- Three dimensional task management Tasks are stacked three dimensionally on the UI.
- Smooth gestures allow users to scroll through tasks by sliding up and down or dismiss tasks by swiping left or right.
- Customization and sharing features added to name cards.
- The sharing feature allows quick sharing of contacts through Bluetooth, Facebook, and other methods.
- Added a scanner to the search box and lock screen, making it easier to add new contacts.
- Improved how unread emails are tagged in the inbox.
- Users can now quickly delete, star, and mark emails as read or unread from the left sliding menu.
- Created a new suggested settings feature that recommends key settings based on the device’s current status.
- Now, your phone is more capable of adjusting to your habits.
- Added a newly designed drawer feature. When this feature is enabled, it hides non-system preset apps in a drawer on the home screen, presenting you with a simple and tidy layout.
- Added a new drawer feature for settings.
- For settings that take two or more steps to set up, the user can now jump directly back to the main settings page with one gesture.
- Emergency information added. Users can add their names, blood type, and other information, so emergency services personnel can view this information from the lock screen.
- Added App twin, a feature that allows users to log in to two different accounts for third-party apps such as WhatsApp and Facebook.
- Firmware Download Link : VNS-L31C432B336 | Alternative Link
- Data File Download Link : update_data_full_VNS-L31_hw_eu.zip
- File Size : 1.28 GB | 662 MB
- Supported Model : VNS-L31C432 (Europe)
- Firmware Type : Beta OTA
- Your phone must not be rooted, and have stock recovery.
- You must be running B160 Firmware
- Backup all important data
- Charge battery upto 60%
- Make dload folder on sd card (Atleast 6GB free space).
- Extract update.zip file and copy update.app to dload folder.
- Switch off your phone and hold 3 buttons (volume up, volume down, and power) until you see update start screen.
- If update finish successfully then do next step otherwise follow 2nd method.
- Remove update.app from dload.
- Now extract update_data_full_VNS-L31_hw_eu.zip and copy all files inside to dload and repeat update process using 3 buttons.
- Phone will take 10 minutes to boot
- Download Huawei updater from This Link
- Download latest Hisuite from official huawei website
- Open huawei update, tick in custom rom, in custom rom version type VNS-L31C432B336
- In Custom rom URL copy this link http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1258/g104/v69994/f1/
- Then tick custom port, don’t change it.
- now connect your phone with pc and make sure Hisuite recognize and connected properly. then just open Hisuite menu and change network settings as shown in image below.
- Then in huawei update click start button, and in Hisuite press update button
- It should start downloading and installation of firmware will complete
- Copy both files (Don’t Extract), update.zip and data zip file on sd card (you can not use internal storage)
- Install TWRP recovery (Click here to see guide), don’t root just install recovery.
- In TWRP tap on install and select update.zip file, then swipe to install, Don’t reboot.
- Go back and again tap on install and select data file, and again swipe to install it.
- Now reboot & Nougat will be running on your device.