Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Stopped at 99%
One of my friend bough dell laptop recently which was running windows 8.1 that came pre-installed on this machine. However when he tried to upgrade it to windows 10, it stopped at 99% no matter how long he waited it to complete. so this is how we fixed this issue
- Uninstall Antivirus program (very important)
- Restart your computer
- Press Windows + R key , it will open run command window and there type ” services.msc “, as shown in image below.
- On next screen it will show you a long list on services, you need to find windows update service. as shown in image below.
- Right click on it and select properties then from drop down menu select disabled and apply. as shown in image below.
- Now start windows upgrade assistant and it should complete installation without any errors