How to Root Honor 6 After Marshmallow Update
In this guide i am going to share guide on how to root honor 6 after marshmallow update. This guide is originally posted in chinese on club.huawei.com. i am only translating for those who don’t understand chinese, all credit goes to original developer.
Image Source: club.huawei.com
This guide is only for honor 6
- Backup all important data
- Your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked (How to unlock bootloader?)
- Once bootloader unlocked, downloaded TWRP & Root files from This Link
- Extract downloaded file you will get “honor 6” folder and “SuperSU” zip file.
- Copy SuperSU zip file to internal/Sd card.
- Make sure USB debugging enabled
- Put phone in fastboot mode and open Honor 6 folder open cmd.exe
- Type “fastboot flash recovery twrp3-1-1.img” and hit enter
- If you see message OK: finished that means TWRP installation is successful
- Now boot phone into twrp mode by holding volume up and power button
- Just swipe on 1st screen
- In main menu tap on install
- select storage on which you copied SuperSU, select SuperSU zip file and swipe to flash.
- Once flashed successfully, restart your phone and you will have root success.
- In case something goes wrong, stock recovery has been added in package you can flash it in fastboot mode same way you flashed TWRP.