Huawei Nova CAN-L01 Nougat EMUI5.0 Update (vodafone & T-Mobile)
Huawei Nova CAN-L01 nougat update is available for vodafone users, update is being delivered to your users via OTA, however if you didn’t received it yet. you can download and install it manually.
- Warning Nougat is still under beta testing, you may face bugs
- Download Link : CAN-L01C02B303 (Vodafone)
- Download Link : update_data_full_CAN-L01_vodafone_default.zip
- Download Link : CAN-L01C150B305 (T-Mobile)
- Download Link : update_data_full_CAN-L01_dt_default.zip
- Firmware File Size : 1.6 GB
- Data File Size : 1.02 GB
- update type : OTA
- Supported Models : CAN-L01C02 (vodafone)
- Supported Models : CAN-L01C150 (T-mobile)
- Your phone shouldn’t be rooted
- Battery should be charged 60%
- Backup important data (Internal storage will not be removed)
- Create dload folder on your internal/sd card
- Extract downloaded update.zip file and copy update.app inside dload folder
- switch off phone then press and hold 3 buttons (Vol up, vol down and power) until you see update screen
- If update succeed but build number doesn’t change then download data file and rename it to update.zip and copy in dload folder and start update again.
- Backup all important data
- Charge Battery up to 50%
- For T-Mobile make folder with name 70740 and copy both files update.zip and data file inside this folder
- For Vodafone make folder with name 71239 and copy both update.zip and data file inside this folder.
- Make HwOU folder to your sd card/ internal memory and copy the folder that you have created on your pc
- Then go to settings > update>and see if your phone can see update.
- Otherwise boot to erecovery mode (switch off, connect with pc and Hold volume up + Power) and select update from sd card.
- You can also try 3 button force update method
- This method will erase your data so backup everything.
- Charge battery up to 70%
- Unlock bootloader (How to unlock bootloader?)
- Now copy firmware file on sd card
- enable usb debugging again and then connect your phone with pc in fastboot mode.
- Download TWRP recovery from THIS LINK
- Extract twrp file and open MAF32.exe , then type this command ” fastboot flash recovery twrp_huawei_generic_a53_20161222.img ” and press enter
- After successful installation immediately start phone in TWRP mode by holding volume up & power button, don’t allow phone to restart normally, otherwise your will lose twrp recovery.
- on 1st screen of TWRP swipe to allow modification
- Then tap on install and select update.zip file then swipe to install
- Don’t restart, then again tap on install and select other zip file “update_data_.zip ” and swipe to install.
- Now restart your phone, voila you are running EMUI 5.0