Huawei G7-L01 Change Vendor and Upgrade to Marshmallow (Europe-Asia)
After lots of searches over internet finally i have found a way to upgrade Huawei G7-L01 asian and European variants. Currently there is no official marshmallow update for these both regions. But in this post i will guide how to convert your phone region to turkey and upgrade to marshmallow.
Note: This process will convert your asian/european phone vendor info to turkey
Steps to Follow
- Unlock bootloader (how to unlock bootloader?)
- Backup important data.
- You must be running stock lollipop rom
- Download vendor update file from This Link
- Extract downloaded file and copy “update.app” file in “dload” folder on your sd card. if dload folder is not there, you can create it by yourself.
- Go in settings > update > local update> select update package. and install this file. if it fails then use forced update method (Switch off phone, then volume up , volume down & power press and hold them until you see update screen)
- Now dial * #* #2846579#*#* and then tap on project menu then network information and then tap on operator info. if it shows Operator:Hw , Country:tr then you have successfully debranded your phone.
- Now download turkey lollipop firmware from This Link and install it following same step as you did in 6.
- If installation goes successful then follow This Post to install Marshmallow
If you want to rollback to european version download & install This File
Originally this guide was posted on 4pda forum