[DT2W] Mate7 Double Tap to Wake up enabled
in this tutorial i am going to guide you how to enable (dt2w) double tap to wake up feature on huawei mate 7, it’s a useful feature for a smartphone with such large display, you can turn on screen by double tapping on it. so lets continue …
Step by step guide:
- Your phone should be rooted ( How to root Huawei mate7? )
- Install FX explorer & File Explorer (Root Add-On)from Play Store
- Open FX explorer and tap on red icon system (root) as shown in image below
4. on next screen tap on system and then unlock write access, it will ask for root acces, tick in and tap on Ok, as shown in image below
5. Now tap on build.prop file and enable editing by tapping on pen icon in right corner, as shown in images below
6. Now find line ending with “easy wakeup=False” and change it to true, as show in image below
7. Tap on 3 dots menu icon and save file then go back and disable write access of system folder by tapping on lock button
8. Restart your phone
9. After restart again enter FX explorer > System (Root) and find etc folder then enter in xml folder as shown in images below
10. Now again enable write access of XML folder same as you did earlier for build.prop file and then open ” hw_easywakeupmotion_config.xml ” file, as show in image below
11. Enable editing of this file by tapping on pen icon in right corner , as you did earlier, and change value of ” Double_Touch”support”=”0″ to 1, as shown in image below
12. Tap on 3 dots menu icon and save file then go back and disable write access of XML folder by tapping on lock button.
13. Restart Phone and go in smart assistance >Smart motion> double touch and enable it.
And you are Done. for more clear understanding you can watch following video tutorial
Credit for this guide goes to Chudy_85 of XDA, who wrote in simple text and i have explained it in visuals.