[Solved] Huawei Mate 7 L09/TL10 Bootloop after Marshmallow Update & upgrade to B514
in this post i am going to share complete processes to unbrick your phone & officially download latest firmware update.
Mate7 TL10 (32GB)
Mate7 L09 (16GB)
you need following things, before you start,
- Phone box (we need IMEI & serial number),
- Quality Data Cable,
- Battery charged 60%.
1. you need to unlock your bootloader
after download , open this tool chose model Huawei Y300-0000 and enter IMEI number, and it will give you Product ID., as shown in image below.
note down the product id on a safe place,
- Now you can go here how to unlock your bootloader. to get your bootloader unlock code.
- Now download this file which includes all required files: Click Here To Download & install winrar, then extract all files inside “recovery mate7 mopbox v2.1.exe”
- after downloading, extract the file and you will get the following files inside folder.
- Switch off your phone and hold volume down button, keep holding it and connect your phone with computer, you phone will start in fastboot mode. now leave volum button,
- Now go inside folder “recovery mate7 mopbox v2.1” and hold shift button on keyboard then right click anywhere,
- CMD window will open, now type this command,
- and hit enter, if successful, you will see OKAY, Finished, as shown in image below.
- Now you have successfully unlocked bootloader, don’t remove phone yet.
2. Installing TWRP Recovery
- double click on recovery.bat file inside “recovery mate7 mobopx v2.1” folder, and you will see following screen
- Press 4 to install twrp for marshmallow, it will take few seconds and a message will appear, saying finish, ok.
- now you can remove your phone from computer and switch it on while holding (power+volume up) keys . and your phone will boot up in twrp recovery mode. don’t click on Keep read only, you must swipe to allow modification,
- Following screen will appear, you have to click on backup, as shown below
- on backup screen you can only chose “boot” partition to backup, then swipe to start backup. this step is just to create default backup folder.
- backup will complete in few seconds & it you have to note down backup path, later we will use same path to restore your phone. and don’t reboot.
- Now download working twrp back of B511 for your L09 from THIS LINK
- after download, extract the files from this folder, you will get following folder inside it.
- inside this folder you will find a folder with this name ” 2016-01-28–18-36-30_MT7-C900B511″,copy this folder, then connect your phone with pc and brows to internal storage>twrp>backups
- inside that backups folder there will be folder with your device serial number, paste B511 backup folder with date name inside this serial number folder. as shown in image below
- after the backup copied, remove cable and restart phone in twrp mode, then go to wipe>advanced wipe> and select , dalvik cache, system, cache, data & cust. then swipe to wipe. don’t select “internal storage” otherwise you will lose all data.
- in few minutes you will see following message, wipe complete.
- now go back to main menu of twrp and tap on restore
- on next screen you have to chose your backup package to restore, make sure you select the correct backup, and select all files in that package, as shown in image below.
- then swipe to start restore, and after successful restore tap on restart but when ask to install supersu , tap on Do Not Install.**very important**
- after than your phone should boot up and will take some time to reach lock screen, if it stuck on boot logo for more than 20 minutes, then again go in twrp and wipe cache then start phone again.
- Now you are on B511 beta.
Important: Installing B514
Then Download & Install B514 (middle east) from this post
- After download, copy update.zip file in dload folder and force update using 3 button method (Vol+, Vol- & power)
For European models download B522 From here: Download Link L09 B522 (Credit XDA forum)
- After download copy update.app file inside dload folder & force update using 3 button method (Vol+, Vol- & power)
in case you don’t receive update/installation fails
2. otherwise download B522 backup from This Link: B522 twrp backup L09 (Link credit XDA forum)
after your phone has been upgraded you can flash the stock recovery using “recovery mate7 mopbox v2.1” tool the same way you installed twrp.
Credit: XDA forum for twrp backups and my friends who tested this process & provided the images/videos.