Huawei Ascend Mate7 L09 Marshmallow B514 update (Middle East)

Much awaited Marshmallow B514 update for Huawei Ascend Mate7 L09 has been released. it is an OTA update & incremental package, you can upgrade to latest android version if you are running lollipop 5.1

android-6-0-marshmallow-huawei.jpg

Mate7 L09 Marshmallow B514 update

Before you start upgrade,

• make sure battery is at least 60%
  • your phone is on stock recover
  • backup your important data
  • your phone is on lollipop or Marshmallow beta B511
  • your phone model is Mate7 L09 (Middle East)
B514-Huawei-Mate-7-TL09.jpg

Mate7 L09 Marshmallow B514 update

Then download update file from this link: HUAWEI MT7L09 MT7-L09C185B514
or
Mirror Link (credit xda forum)

After downloading copy “update.zip” file inside dload folder, and start update either from local update in settings menu or using 3 button method (Vol+, Vol-, Power)

Mutahhar Bashir

Passionate blogger, have excellent problem solving skills, quick learner, love to accomplish difficult tasks, improving my skills while helping others through this blog.

27 Responses

1. Sai Nadendla says:

hi,
    i upgraded my mate 7 mt7 l09 from b326 to b511 beta,
    my current version mt7 c900b511
    can i upgrade it to L09C185B514
    need help
    thanks

2. yes, you can upgrade without any problem,
    just download the file & follow instructions carefully

3. as i can see you belong to india,
    B512 is the version that you can install. here is the download link: https://mega.nz/#!xhAz3TTR!JhQe9zwDdBhXmr4NIg_feA75dsdFQtnvjF8ug6CnZSs

but process will be different, you have to extract "update.app" out of this zip file and copy in dload folder. this step is very important****

4. Sai Nadendla says:

yes i am from india.
    but i bought the phone in kuwait, presently residing in kuwait

5. Then B514 is for you.
    If your phone is rooted please unroot
    If using custom recovery, revert back to stock recovery,

Factory reset your phone & try again

Try a different sdcard & try again.
    I have seen some cards fail to install,
    Make sure when installing B514 you shouldn't extrat zip file, just copy update.zip in dload folder.
    If still problem exist, then we will do in other way

6. Then B514 is for you.
    If your phone is rooted please unroot
    If using custom recovery, revert back to stock recovery,

Factory reset your phone & try again

Try a different sdcard & try again.
    I have seen some cards fail to install,
    If still problem exist, then we will do in other way

7. Sai Nadendla says:

done factory reset and tried with old SD card and new,
    but not working, same problem fail at 5%

8. Forget to inform, you must extrat update.app in both updates process

9. Sai Nadendla says:

but i update my phone from lollipop 5.1 b326 to b511 middle east
    and b560 is for Europe, i am afraid that i don't brick my device

10. Nothing will happen,
    Why should i ask you to do something that may brick your phone.
    If you go back to B500
    Then B560 is possible

And if you are afraid, from B500 go back to B326 & then upgrade to B514

11. B500 is transition package, you can flash any firmware.
    But if you flash direct without B500 then you can not

12. Sai Nadendla says:

thanks a lot for your help….
    i would like to know how to roll back from b500 to b326

13. If you have already installed B500
    Here is B326 installation guidehttp://www.ministryofsolutions.com/2016/02/huawei-mate-7-lollipop-511-upgrade-for.html?m=1

14. Unknown says:

hi
    my current version mt7 c900b150
    How can i upgrade it ?

15. Which model you have?
    And you are from which country?

16. Loma Jamal says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

17. Loma Jamal says:

Thx
    I found it ������

18. What you have found?
    And what you going to do?
    Be careful

19. hallo
    can i ask you if you have twrp backup for huawei mate 7 l09 android 5 lollipop ??
    i don't want android 6 🙁

20. My phone is tl10 with marshmallow
    So don't have twrp of lollipop for l09

21. hallo MUTAHHAR BASHIR
    can you help me ?
    what this mean >> " extract tar fork process ended with error 255 " ??

22. You are trying to restore a backup which is not for your phone

23. JJ says:

Good day, I have tried to update to lllipop,marshmellow but still no luck. I have used the direct download links from Huawei and others. My build is: MT7_L09V100R001C00B142SP05 and I have searched far and wide but still no luck. Please assist me to update.